Arts and Sporting Grant
This grant is intended to support any artistic, physical or sporting activity that enhances Te Ātiawatanga and/or the social, spiritual or physical prosperity and wellbeing of Te Ātiawa o Te Waka-a-Māui people. Registered members can apply for this grant during any of the quarterly Grant Rounds.
The second grant round for the current fiscal year (FY2023-24) closed on October 29, 2023. Keep an eye out for Round 3 opening in early 2024.
Are you eligible for this grant?
- To be eligible you must be a registered member of Te Ātiawa o Te Waka-a-Māui (and/or Te Ātiawa Manawhenua Ki Te Tau Ihu Trust).
- You must be either an individual (or individual in a team) participating or competing in a competition or event (i.e., not an official or supporter).
How much can you apply for?
Individuals can apply for up to $300.00 if competing or participating (travelling) at a national level and up to $600 if competing or participating (travelling) at an international level.
Other things you need to know
- Applicants who can demonstrate their involvement with iwi/marae, and their commitment to iwi development will be given priority.
- Preference will also be shown to applicants who are: a). competing or participating at a regional or national competition or event; b) representing Aotearoa at an international level; c) participating in a planned tertiary event or activity either in New Zealand or overseas with a cultural component or outcome.
- Te Ātiawa o Te Waka-a-Māui Trust has a set pool of funds to dispense each funding round, and grants are allocated as they are received. Once the fund is all allocated for that particular grant round, no further grants will be available until the next round.
- Grant monies must be used for the event applied for. Failure to do so could result in Te Ātiawa o Te Waka-a-Māui Trust requesting that Grant monies be returned.
- Applications must be for expenses to attend a planned and confirmed event in the future (retrospective applications will not be considered).
- The information you provide in your application will be held by the Trust and may be used for statistical purposes.
- All decisions on funding are made by the Trust, are final, and will not be subject to correspondence entered into regarding decisions made.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your grant via email.
- Only one application per person per grant, per financial year can be made.
What you need to apply
You will need to provide:
- A letter of support from an official of the arts or sports organisation hosting the competition or event
- Evidence of any relevant prior success in the chosen activity (results of previous competitions, titles/awards won, positive publicity etc)
- A copy of a pānui, flyer or other evidence (e.g. minutes of organisations meeting) that provides information about the event
- Evidence of acceptance to participate in the event.
- Evidence of potential costs involved (travel, entry, fees etc)
- Advise if the grant is to be paid to the applicant, or to the team/club/school/ cultural or arts group or association.
Applications should be completed using the prescribed online form. If you need help with the application form, please give us a call on 0800 284 292 or email us at email@example.com
Please note that incomplete forms will not be considered.