Process & Questions
Process for Applications
- Research iwi planning document and online tools
- Prepare a draft application
- Determine extent of effects (less than minor, minor, more than minor)
- Consult with Te Ātiawa or mandated offices
- Modify the application as needed
- Lodge application with relevant Council
- Council assess the application for completeness
- Once complete, council decides whether to process with or without notification
- Further consultation, as needed
- Council determines the application
Questions to answer when drafting an application
- Which rohe cover the site where the activity is to be located? (see map)
- Is the activity within, adjacent to, or likely to directly affect a statutory acknowledgement area?
- Is the activity within a cultural area or sensitive area of Te Ātiawa?
- What matters of importance to Te Ātiawa are likely to be affect by the activity?
- What is the best way to avoid, remedy, or mitigate effects on Te Ātiawa values?
- How does the activity fit within Part 2 of the RMA?
- Is the activity consistent with the policies and objectives of Iwi and Council planning documents?