Published: 9 August, 2019
Health in all Policies Advisor
- 12 Month Fixed Term, Full Time role
- Join us to influence and shape policies in our region for improved health and wellbeing
- Understanding how equity impacts on health outcomes and work with partners to identify robust solutions
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The CDHB are leading the way to ensure health and wellbeing considerations are integrated across all sectors including all policy development and we are looking for a Health in All Policies Adviser to join the team.
Based in our Community & Public Health office in Christchurch, we are a small team, dedicated to working with iwi, leaders, stakeholders and policy makers using a Health in All Polices framework.
You’ll spend your time liaising with CDHB staff as well as key stakeholders within other sectors such as local government, Non-Government organisations and government agencies. Your ability to analyse complex information, write reports, facilitate meetings, coordinate joint pieces of work, and your networking skills will be put to good use in this exciting role.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
You’ll need to be a great team player but you’ll also need to use your initiative to champion this way of thinking. Your ability to form mutually beneficial relationships and communicate new ideas is essential.
- To provide support for the development and coordination of submissions for Community and Public Health and the wider DHB
- To build and maintain working relationships with key organisations that influence and or impact on public health
- To support capacity building activities to support a health in all policies framework both internally and externally
- Support the use and roll out of Health in all Policies tools and methodologies e.g. Health Impact Assessment, especially in relation to earthquake recovery.
- Lead the process of developing clear communications about Health in all Policies both within the DHB and external agencies.
Your skills will include:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and deliver collaborative outcomes
- Proven experience in current facilitation methods
- Experience in developing and managing projects
- Well developed communication skills
- Proven writing skills in a range of formats, i.e. reports, newsletters, submissions.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated self starter
- Proven experience in working across sectors
- Experience working in a bicultural framework
This is a full time, fixed term position covering parental leave until end August 2020.
To read more about Health in All Policies check out our page at http://www.cph.co.nz/Files/CHIAPPInfoSheet1.pdf
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.